Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Tic Tac Toe

Hi everyone! How is the day or night treating everyone? Since I was down and out last week, I have been crafting up a storm for you (okay, actually me!). So be sure to check back everyday for something new!

About a year ago, I made my daughter a travel size Tic Tac Toe. I had of course seen it on Pinterest first. I thought what a great idea! We don't travel a lot, but when we do, it is no less than a 3 hour drive. So, I thought this would be perfect!

However, finding the right container proved to be a little more challenging. Then one day, I was over at my up-line's house for a meeting, and low and behold she had just the right container. Unfortunately, Stampin' Up! doesn't sell them anymore, but I am sure if you do a search you should be able to find them.

It is so simple to make: stamp your images on Whisper White cardstock, 5 of each colour. Punch out the images using 1 1/4 Circle Punch. Then punch out 5 Melon Mambo circles using the 1 1/4 Circle Punch, then 5 of Pacific Point (or the colours that you choose). Assemble the circles together, matching the colours. You will need a hot glue gun to attach the circles to the magnets. Now all you need to do is make 4 strips for the game board. Attach them using Sticky Strip. Voila!

stampin up
 
stampin up
 
Isn't it cute!?  I did not decorate the outside because it would get completely ruined. We just shove it in a bag and go. However, if I were to give it as I gift, I would certainly make the outside container fancy! I should have taken a photo of it closed so you can see how thin it is. Oops!
 
Stampin' Up! Supplies:
 
Paper: Melon Mambo, Pacific Point, Whisper White, Basic Black
 
Ink: Melon Mambo, Pacific Point
 
Stamp Set: All in the Family (retired)
 
Accessories: 1 3/8 Circle Punch, 1 1/4 Circle Punch, Sticky Strip, Hot Glue Gun, Magnets, Metal Container (closes with a lid)
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Happy Stamping!
Marsha
 
If you liked any of the supplies, to shop, or to get a catalog, please feel free to contact me, and of course you can shop online for Stampin’ Up! products directly through me by clicking the ‘shopping cart' button on the right. And if you’re thinking of joining Stampin’ Up! and want to join my team I’d would love to hear from you!
Cast your burden upon the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken. Psalm 55:22
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment